Tuesday 8 December 2009

My Favourites of Dad's paintings


Eelpie Island.
Dad and Mum loved going there.
This painting is huge and impressive.
Very exciting and a real party atmosphere.


Nostalgia Saloon
Love the fact the little boy is reading the Eagle!
Also that they don't have much hair to cut anyway.


Old Pier 1959.
I love this picture a lot..I have it!
It always reminds me of Rolf Harris.
Also the old coin slot machine of Aladdin and The Forty Thieves. With the thieves popping slowly out of the vases.
Its interesting the expression on Rolf..something had upset him..maybe because no one turned up to see the show?
Dad always kept telling me its not meant to be Rolf Harris..its how people dressed in the late 50's.
I think he gave in to me and agreed it did look like Rolf.
Always wondered what an extra leg would look like on the painting...recreating Jake the Peg!



Saturday Morning.
Love the very fast milkman horse and cart going really fast in the background.
Must of been inspired by Ernie sung by Benny Hill.


Sitting in the Sun.
Its our back garden we had in Guildford. My sister had two budgies and they liked being outside in the sun.


Waterloo Sunset.
(inspired by the Kinks classic song.)


Winter of 1947.
I asked Dad to put Read the Beano on the Bus! :)
This is a big favourite of mine.


Childrens Hour caught out by visitors.
Love how they are all very happy and relaxed.
With her curlers in its not the best time for a suprise visitors!

It is possible to have prints of these please email me at-
thejeep2000@yahoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment